CBD or Cannabidiol
CBD or Cannabidiol is a cannabinoid found in cannabis sativa plants which has a myriad of therapeutic properties. You can of course consume CBD recreationally although the only effect you will get is a profound sense of relaxation; it is more directed towards medicinal and therapeutic uses.
Due to not having psychoactive effects, it’s completely legal to use, meaning that CBD extractions are also totally legal. On our page you can find many CBD-based products that work amazingly. When consumed, the effect is nothing like marijuana; it’s simply relaxing. Also, you don’t have to use any of your own marijuana with these CBD products, so if you’re looking for pure medicinal effects, they’re perfect.
The extractions you do yourself will be much different, because they will also contain THC, making for a much more psychoactive effect. If you want to extract just CBD, then you’ll need to do it with hemp, as it contains a maximum of 0.2 or 0.3% THC.
CBD tends to be the cannabinoid that’s least found in many strains, but some seed banks have already developed strains that are high in CBD. When a strain has a THC:CBD ratio of 1:1, this means that the psychoactive cannabinoids are in lesser proportion (remember, they’re not the only kind of cannabinoids but THC is the only cannabinoid responsible for psychoactive effects), so there’s not enough to stimulate the brain. On the other hand, if the THC and CBD are equal in proportion, then the THC is potent enough to give a psychoactive effect. There are strains with 1:1,5 and 1:2 ratios, meaning that there’s double the CBD. This kind of marijuana can help calm the most intense of pains caused by the worst of illnesses.
- Out of every cannabinoid, CBD is the most powerful when it comes to calming muscle and bone pain, which is why it’s strongly recommended for pain relief.
- It’s also an amazing muscle relaxant, perfect for calming pulled muscles and muscle contractures etc… for this specific use, we recommend CBD creams in the form of a massage.
- It’s also an amazing sleep inducer, which is perfect for those that suffer insomnia, which affects many people.
- It stimulates healthy bone growth and fights bone degeneration, making them stay healthy for much longer.
- It can also be used to treat eating disorders by stimulating the stomach. Those with anorexia, bulimia or similar illnesses find this treatment extremely useful due to how hungry it makes consumers feel.
- It also calms contractions caused by the small intestine, which is why people with Crohn’s disease and irritable colon disease will get a lot of relief from this product.
- It’s extremely useful for treating fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis, reducing pain and nausea, helping patients have a more normal life.
- It improves blood flow, reducing artery pressure and artery obstruction.
- It increases brain cell life-span, helping your brain stay young and avoid illnesses caused by degeneration like Alzheimer’s.
- It reduces anxiety, depression and psychosis, making it useful for schizophrenia.
- It’s one of the best therapeutic things to use to prevent and fight cancer, containing anti-tumor and anti-metastatic properties. It stops additional cancer from spreading and helps fight against the development of certain types of cancers.
Studies are finding more and more new uses for CBD, convincing people of its amazing properties, which in turn facilitates product distribution and it pushes brands to begin thinking outside the box with their products. The more CBD products and CBD seeds there are available out there, the easier it will be to find the right one for your needs.
Translation: Ciara Murphy