How to make Mint and Weed Ice Cream
Cannabis desserts are in fashion right now, and more and more people are starting to make their own fun recipes like the one we’re about to show you; mint and weed ice cream.
Mint and weed ice cream is obviously a much more entertaining meal to make than just normal ice cream, especially when you know that you’ll be getting quite a potent effect from it; it’s great for sharing with friends. You can also make it using medicinal cannabis if you don’t want to get an intense high from the resulting good. The only difference when it comes to using potent or medicinal weed is that the final effect you’ll get will differ from medicinal to high.
The most important part of this recipe are the ingredients; make sure to use decent weed regardless of the desired outcome, or else you’ll be wasting your effort.
Ingredients needed for making mint and weed ice cream
- ½ cup vanilla
- 100ml whole milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 40g sugar
- Fresh mint to taste (a small handful is enough)
- 6 eggs
- 2-5g of quality, ground weed
Prep material for making mint and weed ice cream
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Baker’s spatula
- Ice-cream scooper
- Fork or egg whisk
- Ice cream bowl
Before preparing your mint and weed ice cream, keep in mind that the best results are obtained if you decarboxylate your cannabis so that any remaining THCA turns into THC and proved a much cleaner high.
It can also be done with more cannabis, as the same process kind of happens when you mix the cannabis with milk and heat it up, although it’s not quite as efficient. The following recipe takes into account that you probably did not decarb the weed before adding it to the recipe.
How to make mint and weed ice cream
- 1: mix the milk, vanilla and ground cannabis in a bowl – stir at low heat, do not let it boil.
- 2: add 20g sugar and mix until it’s even, next stir again at low heat for about 20 minutes.
- 3: After 20 minutes, pour the mixture into a bowl and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
The next day
- 1: whisk the eggs and add sugar until the mixture is fully white.
- 2: strain the mixture and add it to the mixture you have setting in the fridge.
- 3: heat the mixture on low heat, make sure that it DOES NOT boil (if it does you will have to start again), stir until the mixture begins sticking to your spoon.
- 4: remove from heat, pour into a bowl and let it sit at room temperature.
- 5: once the mixture has fully cooled down, place it in the freezer.
- 6: wait a while, grab your ice-cream scooper and serve yourself a bowl of weed ice cream with your favorite toppings.
- Due to the fact that this ice cream contains cannabis, you might want to keep it somewhere safe. Stick it at the back of your freezer and make sure that no kids can get anywhere near it or see it.
- You can use cannabis leaves as decoration.
- Make sure to keep in mind the quality and quantity of cannabis used so that you know how much you can safely have.
- You can also use CBD-rich medicinal cannabis to make this ice cream.