Marijuana Lemon Sponge
Homemade sponges are a great idea to surprise guests or even just to make for yourself at home. If you’re the kind of person that likes adding a little something to your food, then we recommend this amazing marijuana lemon sponge recipe for a high like never before.
This awesome spongey cake is one of the easiest recipes to put together, especially for marijuana consumers (medicinally or recreationally); it’s cheap, easy and gives amazing results because, as you well know, if you eat marijuana in food, it’ll take longer to hit you but the high will be more intense.
Marijuana Lemon Sponge ingredients:
The fun thing about this recipe is that once you’ve used the yoghurt, you need to keep the little pot as that is what we’re going to use to measure the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 lemon yoghurt
- 4 yoghurt pots of sugar
- 4 yoghurt pots of flour
- 3 eggs
- Previously washed lemon peel
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1 yoghurt pot of cannabis butter, peaked (soft, as if it were putty that has been played with)
Recipe step by step:
- Pre-heat your oven to 160º.
- Put the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds so that it gets softer, and let it sit until it cools down.
- Put the yoghurt, sugar and flower in a bowl and mix well so that you end up with a smooth mixture.
- Slowly pour in the cooled-down butter
- Mix extremely well.
- Crack the eggs and add them to the mixture while still mixing it.
- Add the lemon peel for that lemony taste.
- Add the baking powder and leave the mixture to sit for a bit with a lid on it, so that it acquires the spongy texture.
- Line a baking tin with either oven paper or with butter and flower so the sponge doesn’t stick to the tin, and pour the mixture in.
- You’ll need to leave the mixture in the oven for 30 minutes at 160º.
- Once it begins browning on the top, poke it with a toothpick or fork, and if it comes out clean your sponge is ready.
- Let it cool down and you’re ready to enjoy your marijuana lemon sponge.
Another option for adding marijuana to your sponge, is switching out a small portion of flour – about a quarter to a half of the yoghurt pot- for marijuana buds that have been washed and ground up very thinly, without any bits of branch. As usual, we recommend consuming cannabis smartly and taking care with how much you add to your mixture, especially if done this way because when it’s cooked with sugar the effects are intensified.
Translation: Ciara Murphy